Presented by In collaboration with
Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
Time: 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 – 1:00 PM ET
Location: Online – Attendance is free
The Canadian Climate Institute’s forthcoming report Heat Pumps Pay Off: Unlocking lower-cost heating and cooling in Canada examines the costs of heating and cooling technologies in five cities across Canada and explores barriers to heat pump adoption in Canada. The research will provide a detailed look across different building types with a focus on the cost-effectiveness of heat pumps. It will also include a new interactive tool showing the cost details and emissions impacts of the different heating and cooling options available in each city. This webinar brings together report authors and building sector experts to discuss the findings and recommendations, as well as implications for building decarbonization and climate adaptation in Canada.
- Duncan Gibb, Senior Advisor, Regulatory Assistance Project
- Christiana Guertin, Research Associate, Mitigation, Canadian Climate Institute
- Kate Harland, Research Lead on Mitigation, Canadian Climate Institute
- Holly Johnson, Climate Action Coordinator, Skidegate Band Council
- Sarah Miller, Research Lead on Adaptation, Canadian Climate Institute (Moderator)
This webinar will take place in English with live French translation and closed captioning provided.