What is the 10×10?
It’s a framework we’re bringing to GLOBE Forum 2022 to drive action, impact and outcomes. How it works:
- Step 1: GLOBE Forum sessions will tease out the actions we need to take to get to net zero. Dedicated notetakers will document these and then distill them by theme.
- Step 2: At GLOBE Advance, which takes place on the final day of Forum, we’ll work together to sift through the proposed actions and prioritize what needs to be done to accelerate a net-zero future.
- Step 3: The outcomes from these discussions will feed into the 10×10 summary report: the plan that identifies the 10 actions in 10 years that we need to take to get to net zero. In other words, the net-zero roadmap for Canada.
Why the 10×10?
We’re done talking about if, why or whether we need to get to net zero by 2050. Now it’s about the HOW. But 2050 still feels a long way off for some people, so the 10×10 is all about creating urgency and momentum for action in the next decade.
What we need to do is one thing…the 10×10 is also about who needs to do it, and creating accountability for specific actions. Here at GLOBE, we will hold ourselves accountable for tackling and further unpacking priorities at future GLOBE events. As we have for 30 years, we will bring people together in innovative ways to drive action, but we can’t do it alone. We’re calling on our partners to help us build a better future.
How can people get involved in the 10×10?
First of all, make sure you stick around for GLOBE Advance on March 31st to participate in a facilitated, hands-on discussion on the GLOBE program theme of your choice. In-person participants at GLOBE Forum 2022 will have the opportunity to choose from six action-oriented sessions on:
- Innovation and Adoption
- Policy, Regulation, and Corporate Governance
- Finance and Investment
- Just Transition
- Beyond Net Zero
- Local Solutions to Net Zero
It’s an incredible opportunity to work with fellow leaders and practitioners from across North America to accelerate a net-zero future.
Second, make the most of your time while at Forum. Use the networking and think spaces, the program sessions, and the Marketplace to connect and collaborate with our unparalleled community. The beauty of GLOBE Forum is the big tent, and we need all of you to share your ideas if we’re going to get to net zero.
Finally, partner with us. The 10×10 journey doesn’t end with GLOBE Forum. We invite you to help us advance and accelerate any of the actions on the 10×10, whether it’s at a future GLOBE event or other type of activity. Let’s get ‘er done!