GLOBE 2016 MEDIA ACCREDITATION
GLOBE Series invites journalists currently working with recognized print, digital and broadcast newswires, business, news, industry and trade outlets and publications to register for media accreditation for GLOBE 2016 to report on and publish stories about the event. Recognized media will include editorial staff (reporters, editors) and technical support (camera crews).
Technical staff not part of a broadcast crew, non-editorial staff working for a media organization management, marketing and advertising executives, researchers, authors and editors of directories will not be accredited.
All media wishing to gain access to the conference sessions must be approved by GLOBE staff or designated representatives in advance of the convention. Site access will not be provided without prior notice and acceptance.
All media applying for media accreditation will be required to submit proof of employment and/or assignment by a newswire, print, digital or broadcast outlet or publication. Proof recognized by GLOBE Series includes:
- Byline in print or online with a recognized media source
- Letter of assignment from an editor or bureau chief of a recognized media source
- Photo identification as working with a recognized media source (press/media card)
- Proof of current work for a website in existence and defined as “covering related news”
Freelance journalists will be accredited if they can provide a letter of assignment from a media organization.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES
- All members of the media and technical support personnel MUST be pre-accredited to gain access to events at GLOBE 2016.
- Media badges will be ready for pick up (with proper ID) at the media centre.
- Media are strongly advised to register in advance of the conference to avoid delays. Media who arrive onsite without advance accreditation may not be granted access the same day.
- GLOBE Series may conduct additional research to confirm media legitimacy and reserves the right to decline media who do not meet criteria.
- All attendees designated as “Media” will have access to all public spaces designated by the colour of badge displayed.
RECORDING CONFERENCE EVENTS
- Any participant (Media, Delegate, Supplier, Government Representative) wishing to film/record audio or video) of the event must advise and obtain permission from conference staff beforehand.
- Anyone who has not advised and obtained permission from conference staff prior to filming /recording will be asked to stop and may be asked to leave the event.
- Main convention sessions will have designated “Media” areas, where all filming /recording of event proceedings must be done.
- Requests to film/record a particular session must be provided at least one day in advance to ensure space is available is the designated filming area.
Questions about media accreditation can be directed to:
HOW TO APPLY FOR MEDIA ACCREDITATION