THE PREVAILING THEME FOR GLOBE 2016 IS "INNOVATION"
The GLOBE 2016 Program will be shaped by the themes below.
A mix of armchair dialogues, roundtables, salon-style gatherings, lively debates, SPARK talks and opportunities for active participation will make the GLOBE 2016 Conference the most exciting GLOBE Conference to date.
View or download the Final Program
- Opening Plenary: Business Innovation for the Planet
- Premiers Armchair Dialogue
- Disruptive Innovation & Technology: What will it Really Take to Move the Needle on Climate?
- Accelerating the Energy Transition
- Brand Sustainability in the Age of Transparency
- The Road from Paris & Climate Prosperity: How Carbon Action Can Re-Energize Economies
- From Paris to Practicalities: Policy Play & Role of Business in Climate Action
- Generational Connections: Sustainability Pioneers and Next Gen Leaders
Global Sustainability Megatrends
- Valuing Nature: The Business Case and Innovative Methods for Eco-Asset Management
- Food Security and Innovation: Scaling up to Meet the Challenge
- Water Integrity: Infrastructure & Innovation
- Industrial Revolution 4.0: How Waste Prevention Can Boost the Bottom Line and Drive Circular Economy Innovation
Corporate Sustainability 3.0
- Transformational Companies: A Spotlight on Best Practices
- Purpose and Profit: 21st Century Business Models Driving Sustainability
- Culture Capital: Empowering Employees to Drive Change
- Supply Chain Innovation & the Value of Collaboration
- How High-Powered Corporate Boards are Integrating Sustainability into Corporate Strategy
- Quantum Leaps in Natural Resource Efficiency
- The Future is Transparency: The Democratization of Business and the Environment
Technology Game-Changers & the Energy Transition
Finance and Investment: Risks & Opportunities
- ESG Integration and Investment Decision-Making: Candid Discussion with Investors
- Finance Innovation for Scalable, Global Technology Deployment
- Green Economic Development: Global Best Practices for Job Creation & Investment
- Financial Inclusion & Fiscal Reform: A Global Perspective on Enhancing Sustainable Prosperity
- Impact Investment for Generations: Hitting the "Sweet Spot"
- The Carbon Bubble: Managing Financial Risks of Stranded Assets
- Climate Change Risk Management: How Accountants and Sustainability Executives Are Teaming Up To Build Resiliency
Infrastructure & Urban Development
- Advancing Intelligent Cities through Smart Partnerships: A Smart Cities Mayoral Roundtable & Workshop: Part 1
- Advancing Intelligent Cities through Smart Partnerships: A Smart Cities Mayoral Roundtable & Workshop: Part 2
- Pedal to the Metal: Accelerating EV Market Adoption
- Modern Wood Buildings: Naturally Innovative
- Mayor's Roundtable: Bright Green Cities & the Future of Urbanism
- Zero Emissions, Big Business: How Can the Private Sector Help Cities Deliver on the Promise of Paris?
- Evolution of Communities: Unravelling the DNA of the Modern Smart City: Part 1
- Evolution of Communities: Unravelling the DNA of the Modern Smart City: Part 2
- Climate Cool: Designing and Financing Innovative Eco-Resilient Infrastructure for Cities & Coasts
- Wild Weather Forecast: Tackling the 'New Abnormal' in Canada's Natural Resource Sector