Welcome to the source for all the information journalists need to cover the GLOBE Forum and Innovation Expo 2018, which are taking place March 14-16, 2018, in Vancouver.
What is GLOBE Forum 2018? The Leadership Summit for Sustainable Business. GLOBE Forum is the longest-running sustainability conference in North America, bringing together 10,000 participants from over 50 countries every two years. Leaders from business, government and civil society will share insights and solutions and enjoy unparalleled networking over the course of the event.
What is the Innovation Expo? The Innovation Expo will showcase up to 500 cleantech companies from around the world. Visitors can touch and feel the latest and greatest solutions and experience our first-ever Technology Clusters, which bring to life specific cleantech sectors such as smart/high-performing buildings and sustainable mobility.
Who is hosting the forum? GLOBE Forum 2018 is produced by GLOBE Series, a private company headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. GLOBE Series works with business, government, and civil society leaders to shape global, regional and industry agendas for a sustainable future.
Journalists currently working with recognized print, digital and broadcast newswires, business, news, industry and trade outlets and publications are invited to GLOBE Forum to report on and publish stories about the event. Accredited journalists have unrestricted access to all GLOBE Forum events, as well the press conference schedule and media room.
Recognized media includes editorial staff (reporters, editors) and technical support (camera crews). Technical staff not part of a broadcast crew, non-editorial staff working for a media organization management, marketing and advertising executives, researchers, authors and editors of directories will not be accredited.
All media applying for media accreditation will be required to submit proof of employment and/or assignment by a newswire, print, digital or broadcast outlet or publication. Proof recognized by GLOBE Series includes:
- Byline in print or online with a recognized media source
- Letter of assignment from an editor or bureau chief of a recognized media source
- Photo identification as working with a recognized media source
- Proof of current work for a website in existence and defined as “covering related news”
Freelance journalists will be accredited if they can provide a letter of assignment from a media organization.
Policy & Procedures
- All members of the media and technical support personnel MUST be pre-accredited to gain access to events at GLOBE Forum.
- Media badges will be ready for pick up (with proper ID) at the media centre from March 13 onward.
- Media are strongly advised to register in advance of the conference to avoid delays. Media who arrive onsite without advance accreditation may not be granted access the same day.
- GLOBE Series may conduct additional research to confirm media legitimacy and reserves the right to decline media who do not meet criteria.
Recording Conference Events
- Any participant (Media, Delegate, Supplier, Government Representative) wishing to film/record audio or video) of the event must advise and obtain permission from Conference staff beforehand.
- Requests to film/record a particular session must be provided at least one day in advance to ensure space is available is the designated filming area.
To apply for accreditation or for more information, contact Kathryn Wu Kwu@lbmg.ca
Resources for Reporters
- Media guidelines
- List of Speakers. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in coordinating an interview with a speaker or staff member – Kathryn Wu, Kwu@lbmg.ca, 604.319.5332.
- Venue map
- Official GLOBE Forum 2018 logos
GLOBE Forum 2018 logo – JPEG
GLOBE Forum 2018 logo – PNG
GLOBE Forum 2018 logo reverse – PNG
- Event photos
Getting to GLOBE Forum 2018
Vancouver Convention Centre East Address
999 Canada Place (below the Pan Pacific Hotel)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada,V6C 3E1
Tel: +1 604-689-8232
The Vancouver Convention Centre is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible from the YVR airport.
Arriving by Canada Line
The Canada Line is Vancouver’s newest train line and provides quick access to Waterfront Station from YVR in just 25 minutes.
Waterfront Station is located on Cordova Street and is at the crossing of Seymour Street. Walking from Waterfront Station to the Vancouver Convention Centre, Pan Pacific Hotel or the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel is very easy and takes no more than 5 minutes.
The Canada Line schedule is available here.
Arriving by Taxi
There are typically numerous taxis located within the taxi stand at YVR.