Terms of Position: Permanent Part Time Position (3-4 days per week)
Location: Hybrid in Canada
- Partners closely with the CEO, entity and functional leads to enable business growth, drive innovation, strategic plan, execute and make decisions that are critical for the business to be successful;
- Works with the entity leads and the entire management team to ensure decision-making frameworks are in place to help the organization most effectively allocate investments in new resources (people, systems, etc.);
- Strategic Planning and Execution;
- Establishes and continuously enhances the strategic and operational planning processes and frameworks to be leveraged by each entity within the collective; and
- Works closely with the CEO, entity and functional leads to design and execute on business strategies organization-wide and within the Operations group (HR, Admin, Ops, IT) to support achievement of short- and long-term goals.
- Oversees all day-to-day administrative and operational functions;
- Directs the development of human resource strategies and policies that support a people-first, open, and collaborative culture and ensure optimal organizational performance;
- Oversees the implementation and subsequent continuous improvement of AI, knowledge management and related technology systems, including a comprehensive ERP system, that appropriately supports business growth and our people; and
- Fosters and develops collaboration between entities and other internal groups to ensure a consistent and integrated approach to operations.
- Executive accountability to drive innovation and continuous improvement to ensure efficient service delivery across all organizations within the group; and
- Ensures that all back-office functions are performed within the Operations team, allowing business units to focus on delivering value to clients.
- University degree in Business or another related field; MBA preferred;
- Minimum of 10 years’ senior level experience within a small to medium-sized organization;
- Experience within a rapidly growing organization, ideally a professional service business;
- Strong enthusiasm to work for a purpose-led family of integrated organizations and alignment to our vision and mission, leading in the areas of climate change, the green economy, cleantech and innovation, and corporate sustainability;
- Values are aligned with ours, which have a focus on integrity, excellence, teamwork and collaboration;
- Effective delegation, communication, and management skills, with a strong focus on operations and business processes;
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles;
- A clear and solid understanding of human resources strategies, personnel policies, practices, and procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization;
- Sound understanding of risk management and mitigation;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills;
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills; and
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.