GLOBE at COP24
From December 3-14, 2018, more than 30,000 corporate, civil society and government leaders will come together for the 24th Conference of the Parties (COP24) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in Katowice, Poland. Delegates will discuss key climate change issues and work towards a rulebook to operationalize the Paris Agreement.
GLOBE Series and The Delphi Group are participating in COP24 and working with a number of leading Canadian companies to showcase Canadian corporate leadership on climate change.
We will be involved in a number of events during our time in Poland and hope you can join us.
Sustainable Innovation Forum
Sunday, December 9 to Monday, December 10 – Vienna House
This two-day forum on the sidelines of COP24 presents a crucial opportunity to drive forward the Paris Agreement framework by bringing together 600+ delegates engaged with fast tracking the global green economy.
The Future of Energy: How Innovation in Canada’s Energy Sector can Fuel a Low-Carbon World
Monday, December 10 from 17:00- 18:30 – IETA Pavilion Hall H2
Hosted by GLOBE Series and The Delphi Group
As the world looks to limit global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius, growing jobs and the economy while also laying the groundwork for a low-carbon future is on the agenda of most forward-thinking countries. This panel brings together Canadian experts to explore the opportunity the Paris Agreement creates for the energy sector. The speakers will discuss the role of innovation in driving down GHG emissions while continuing to foster strong economic growth, and how investments they are making now are accelerating the development of new technology solutions.
- Beth Hardy, Vice President Strategy and Stakeholder Affairs, International CCS Knowledge Centre
- Ginny Flood, Vice President Government Relations, Suncor
- Dale Friesen, Vice President, Indigenous and Government Relations & Sustainability, ATCO
- Geneviève Brisson, Manager, Global Government Affairs, Enerkem
- Moderator: Government of Canada representative (invited)
Reception Hosted by Canadian Corporates at COP24
Monday, December 10 from 18:30-20:30 – IETA Pavilion Hall H5
Join corporate leaders and guests from around the globe for some savoury snacks, delectable drinks, and captivating conversation as we close off night 8 of COP24.
The Last Game
Thursday, December 13 from 18.30-20.00
Sports can make a major contribution to mitigating climate change by reducing its carbon footprint, by impacting its supply chain and spectators. Hockey offers a way of engaging and empowering citizens to climate action and introducing climate-friendly ways of conduct. The event introduces various ways that sports have already contributed and the opportunities for wider action.
- Environment Minister Siim Kallas, Estonia
- Environment Minister Kimmo Tiilikainen, Finland
- Viatcheslav Fetisov, Last Game
- Riku Kallioniemi, CEO, Finnish ice hockey league
- Jouni Keronen, Executive Director, CLC
- Melissa Harris, Director, Delphi