Term of position: Contract (5 months) full-time
Location: Remote (ideally in Canada in Pacific time zone)
GLOBE Series is seeking a Virtual Event Assistant for work related to the upcoming GLOBE Capital 2021 hybrid (online and in-person) event in April 2021 and ongoing virtual engagements throughout Fall/Winter 2020. GLOBE Capital is a biennial conference where leaders in finance, infrastructure, and cleantech meet to capitalize on opportunities in the clean economy.
Reporting to the Program Manager and Partnerships Manager, the Virtual Event Assistant will provide support for virtual and virtual integration aspects of the GLOBE Capital 2021 event including tasks related to:
- Registration (e.g. managing delegate registration information),
- Sponsorship (e.g. tracking and supporting implementation of virtual event sponsorship benefits)
- Conference program (e.g. supporting design and implementation of virtual and hybrid program and networking sessions)
- B2B/B2G meetings (e.g. supporting virtual matchmaking activities), and
- General virtual and hybrid event operations.
The Virtual Event Assistant must be able to multi-task, have strong problem-solving capabilities, and a great attention to detail. We are looking for someone who can keep up with a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking gain experience in virtual event planning, customer service, and administration within the professional sustainability community.
GLOBE Series is part of a constellation of organizations that also includes the Delphi Group, the EXCEL Partnership, and Leading Change. Each of these organizations has its own mission, services, and platforms, but we work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
This is a full-time, fixed term position working remotely.
- Virtual event registration coordination including tracking, facilitating financial transactions, and delivering customer service for delegates, speakers, and sponsors
- Coordination of digital program updates on website, social media, event technology platform, app, etc.
- Virtual event operations for GLOBE Capital 2021 including organization of volunteers and signage
- Virtual B2B/B2G meeting logistical support
- Coordination of stakeholder meetings related to event program development
- Assisting the Program Manager and Partnership Manager with various tasks, projects, and assignments, sometimes on an ad hoc basis
Experience and attributes
- Basic knowledge of sustainability and environment-related concepts
- Strong customer service experience
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and systems-development skills
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative capacity
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Confidence in learning how to use new software quickly
- Ability to plan and organize day-to-day workload and set priorities
- 100% fluency in English; second language (French) valuable
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, event planning, or a related field is an asset
- Experience with large scale events is an asset
- Experience with virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Pathable, Bizzabo, MS Teams, etc.) is an asset
- Bookkeeping skills are an asset
This position is funded through the Digital Skills for Youth program. Applicants must be under 30 years of age, be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. At the time of hiring, the applicant must be unemployed, under employed or a student/recent graduate.
Applicants must apply through the Career Portal at https://delphi.zohorecruit.com. Deadline for applications is October 26, 2020.