Permanent Full Time — Remote (anywhere in Canada but reporting to the GLOBE Series office in Vancouver, British Columbia)
If you’re serious about making a difference and want to work in a dynamic, supportive environment with diverse growth opportunities, consider a career with us. Our unique group of organizations (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group, EXCEL, CBSR and Leading Change Canada) is working together to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. We’re a values-driven group of consultants, conveners, and advisors who help leading professionals, teams, and organizations compete and succeed, while advancing sustainability, social justice and a netzero economy. With multiple offices across Canada, we collaborate with a vast network of thought leaders and partners to inspire innovation and accelerate action.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
GLOBE Series (globeseries.com) and Leading Change Canada (leadingchangecanada.com) are in search of a marketing wiz with a laser focus on impact to take our marketing to the next level. The Senior Marketing Manager will report to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications and be responsible for:
• Raising the profile of and level of engagement in our events, products and services among targeted audiences.
• Identifying lead generation, content and co-marketing opportunities across our diverse platforms.
• Stewarding the GLOBE Series and Leading Change Canada brands to ensure consistent, compelling positioning in core markets.• Ensuring that our marketing practices are best-in-class and reflect the evolving nature of digital and traditional media.
• Oversee a talented group of marketing and communications professionals and help them build best-in-class communications and content that result in high levels of engagement.
• Develop and oversee the execution of short- and long-term marketing and communications plans that position GLOBE Series (90% of the role) as a leader in action- and outcomes oriented sustainability and climate events; and support Leading Change Canada (10% of the role) by providing strategic advice on its marketing program and positioning.
• Manage and ensure strong performance across all marketing channels, including content marketing, email marketing, websites and landing pages, digital advertising, social media marketing, and marketing and sales collateral.
• Develop the annual marketing budget, coordinating with other corporate areas to align long range goals and strategies.
• Partner with the team and clients as relevant to craft and deliver compelling content (blogs, interviews, case studies and success stories, videos, etc.) for a variety of media.
• Ensure there is alignment with the sales function, including providing advice and support on sales materials and collaborating on lead generation activities.
• Monitor competition and provide ideas to stand out and differentiate our brands in the marketplace.
• Support public relations efforts, media outreach, and partner relationships.
• Reports on performance against KPIs to key stakeholders and implements adjustments to optimize performance.
• Collaborate with the Director, Marketing and Communications of Delphi and CBSR to ensure effective communication about and coordination of marketing initiatives across the group.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Our ideal candidate is collaborative, solutions-focused and has subject matter expertise in sustainability and/or climate change. The incumbent will leverage excellent interpersonal skills with excellent writing ability and attention to detail.
• Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in marketing, communications, public relations; or a degree in an environment- or sustainability-related field if complemented with the requisite marketing experience.
• 5-7 years of marketing experience, with a focus on energy and the environment, circular economy, cleantech, sustainability and/or climate change.
• Collaborative leader with the ability to identify areas of improvement, suggest creative new approaches and work with a team to implement.
• Strategic thinker who can clearly communicate complex issues in a simplified manner to a variety of audiences.
• Strong initiative, planning and execution skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality work.
• Exceptional writing and editing capabilities, flair for creating compelling marketing copy.
• Effective project and time management; the ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet strict and competing deadlines, for multiple projects.