Term of Position: Full Time
Closing Date: September 30, 2021, 11:00 pm EST
Location: Remote in Canada, reporting to the office in Toronto, Ontario or Calgary, Alberta
If you’re serious about making a difference and want to work in a dynamic, supportive environment with diverse growth opportunities, consider a career with us. Our unique group of organizations (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group, EXCEL, Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR) and Leading Change Canada) is working together to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. We’re a values-driven group of consultants, conveners, and advisors who help leading professionals, teams, and organizations compete and succeed, while advancing sustainability, social justice and a net-zero economy. With multiple offices across Canada, we collaborate with a vast network of thought leaders and partners to inspire innovation and accelerate action.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
The Delphi Group (Delphi.ca) is seeking a Senior Consultant, Sustainability & ESG Reporting to lead on client projects related to sustainability strategies, programs, and initiatives across a range of industries. This includes strategy development and implementation, business case development, research and technical analysis, and communication and reporting. The Senior Consultant, Sustainability & ESG Reporting would work with Delphi’s senior management, consultants and analysts across the company’s service areas to deliver high quality and innovative solutions.
A Senior Consultant at Delphi is responsible for proactively and independently applying project management, client relations, research and analysis, business development skills and experience in the performance of a range of consulting duties. The role requires excellent client support abilities, including clear communications, analytical and strategic competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves, all building on several years of previous experience in a consulting environment.
Senior Consultants are expected to support or take the lead on tasks related to the on-going internal management of Delphi’s business when assigned by Senior Management, participate in the company’s corporate responsibility activities, and undertake administrative tasks as requested.
The best candidates will be comfortable applying a strategic and technical lens to challenging projects that require an appreciation for client context, business strategies, policy considerations, systems effects, social impacts, and emerging trends in sustainability, ESG, corporate purpose and clean technology. Opportunities to enhance candidates already excellent visual, written and oral communication skills for both qualitative and quantitative topics will abound in this role.
Project Delivery, Management & Coordination
- Leading small and medium sized client projects related to sustainability strategies, programs, and initiatives across a range of industries. Responsibilities may include leading research and data analysis, synthesizing findings, providing strategic recommendations, developing presentations, and writing reports, including the preparation of tables and graphs, excel-based tools, etc.
- Leading projects related to sustainability/ESG reporting and communications. Responsibilities may include research and benchmarking of industry trends and best practices, providing strategic recommendations specific to client context, and contributing to all stages of report development, including content development, writing, and liaising with third-party design firms.
- Undertaking large client projects with support and supervision from senior management.
- Conducting stakeholder engagement activities, facilitation, consultations (workshops, roundtables, phone interviews, etc.), as required for project delivery.
- Preparation of project timelines, budget preparation and reports on project progress.
- Taking a lead role in maintaining ongoing communication with clients.
- Maintain communication with project team, initiates team meetings when necessary, monitors staff efforts to ensure projects stay on budget and on time.
- Tracking of ongoing market and industry trends related to corporate sustainability and reporting – including intelligence gathering through a variety of means.
- Act as project supervisor for Delphi analysts and consultants across the company as required for the effective delivery of individual projects, ensuring the ongoing progress of activities towards achievements of objectives and expected results.
- Embody Delphi’s corporate culture, motivating staff and participating in our corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Development of proposals including taking the lead on the overall coordination and writing the majority of proposal sections.
- Respond to RFPs, follow-up with existing clients on potential work discussed, follow-up with new clients on potential work discussed, develop initiatives.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments and projects through individual marketing, participation and presentations at related conferences and events, etc.
- Expertise in corporate sustainability/ESG
- Experience in sustainability / ESG reporting and communication, including working with various sustainability-related reporting standards, platforms and guidelines such as the Global Reporting Initiative, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, CDP, UN Sustainable Development Goals, Integrated Reporting, Task Force on Climate Related Financial Disclosure, ESG rating agencies, and others.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams and highly dynamic work environments.
- Experience with client relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 3-5 years employment experience or related experience
- A university degree in business, communication, environmental studies or related fields.
(preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following):
- Prior experience working in a consulting environment
- Prior experience working in the finance sector
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Accreditation
- French language skills
- International expertise or direct work experience