Term of Position: Full Time
Closing Date: Fall 2021
Location: Remote in Canada, reporting to the office in Toronto, Ontario
The Consultant – Climate Change and Sustainability is responsible for providing a wide-variety of consulting project delivery and management duties. The role requires excellent client support skills, including clear communications, research, analytical and strategic competencies, and an appetite for taking the initiative around opportunities as they present themselves.
The position requires an individual with 5 or more years’ experience in climate change and corporate sustainability and reporting/communications roles.
Delphi prides itself on being a purpose-driven organization, and we look for team members who embody our mission to “have fun while changing the world for the better”.
Project Delivery, Management & Coordination
- Leading small and medium-sized client projects related to climate-related risk, sustainability strategies, programs, and initiatives across a range of industries. Responsibilities may include leading research and data analysis, synthesizing findings, providing strategic recommendations, developing presentations, and writing reports, including the preparation of tables and graphs, excel-based tools, etc.
- Support projects on climate change scenario analysis and in the evaluation of climate change risks and opportunities, climate and energy policy, and conducting policy and technical analyses.
- Support project managers on conducting financial impact analysis related to climate change risk and reporting according to TCFD recommendations.
- Leading projects related to sustainability/ESG reporting and communications. Responsibilities may include research and benchmarking of industry trends and best practices, providing strategic recommendations specific to client context, and contributing to all stages of report development, including content development, writing, and liaising with third-party design firms.
- Undertaking large client projects with support and supervision from senior management.
- Conducting stakeholder engagement activities, facilitation, consultations (workshops, roundtables, phone interviews, etc.), as required for project delivery.
- Preparation of project timelines, budget preparation and reports on project progress.
- Taking a lead role in maintaining ongoing communication with clients.
- Maintain communication with project team, initiates team meetings when necessary, monitors staff efforts to ensure projects stay on budget and on time.
- Tracking of ongoing market and industry trends related to corporate sustainability and reporting – including intelligence gathering through a variety of means.
- Act as project supervisor for Delphi analysts across the company as required for the effective delivery of individual projects, ensuring the ongoing progress of activities towards achievements of objectives and expected results.
- Embody Delphi’s corporate culture, motivating staff and participating in our corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- Development of proposals including taking the lead on the overall coordination and writing the majority of proposal sections.
- Respond to RFPs, follow-up with existing clients on potential work discussed, follow-up with new clients on potential work discussed, develop initiatives.
- Take a proactive approach to promoting Delphi’s accomplishments and projects through individual marketing, participation and presentations at related conferences and events, etc.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of climate change physical and transition risks as they apply to high impact sectors.
- Expertise in developing and analysing climate change scenarios and projections.
- Comprehensive knowledge of normative and exploratory scenarios developed by IPCC and IEA and experience with interpreting and analysing data sets on climate related physical and energy transition parameters.
- Knowledge of conducting climate change and vulnerability risk assessments.
- Experience with developing climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies for decarbonization and energy transition projects.
- Expertise in the process of developing TCFD recommendations.
- Experience in sustainability / ESG reporting and communication, including working with various sustainability-related reporting standards, platforms and guidelines such as the Global Reporting Initiative, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, CDP, UN Sustainable Development Goals, Integrated Reporting, , ESG rating agencies, and others.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams and highly dynamic work environments.
- Experience with client relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 5 years or more employment experience or related experience
- A university degree in business, communication, environmental studies or related fields.
- TCFD Recommendations
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Accreditation
- French language skills
- International expertise or direct work experience
Please submit your cover letter/resume through the recruitment portal at http://delphi.zohorecruit.com and complete the associated pre-screening assessment. The pre-screening assessment examines a candidate’s experience/skills for the role and mitigates any unconscious identity bias during our initial screening process. During this assessment, you should avoid including any identifying information, such as references to gender, geographic location, nationality, and/or age.
If you pass the initial pre-screening assessment, your cover letter/resume will be reviewed by the hiring committee. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview process with hiring committee members. If you have any questions about this process, kindly direct your enquiries to email@example.com.