Summer/Fall Student Full-Time (16 weeks) — Remote (Ottawa, Ontario)
APPLY AT: https://delphi.zohorecruit.com/careers
Deadline: July 30, 2021 at 5:00 pm EST
If you’re serious about making a difference and want to work in a dynamic, supportive environment with diverse growth opportunities, consider a career with us. Our unique group of organizations (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group, EXCEL, Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR) and Leading Change Canada) is working together to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. We’re a values-driven group of consultants, conveners, and advisors who help leading professionals, teams, and organizations compete and succeed, while advancing sustainability, social justice and a net-zero economy. With multiple offices across Canada, we collaborate with a vast network of thought leaders and partners to inspire innovation and accelerate action.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
The Canadian Business for Social Responsibility Association (CBSR) is seeking a Marketing & Event Coordinator to develop and execute on communication-related activities including, social media posts, website updates, mass email newsletters and support the development and delivery of virtual events.
The Marketing & Event Coordinator will work closely with CBSR’s Executive Director and marketing team on external facing communication to engage Canadian businesses who are actively working on Canada’s transition to a low-carbon economy.
Training and ongoing guidance will be offered on all digital platforms required to perform tasks. The candidate will benefit from additional soft skill development and opportunities to job shadow through a broad network of environment and sustainability professionals.
- Co-leading a social media and online communications for CBSR
- Developing monthly newsletter
- Fostering, tracking, and measuring social media engagement
- Designing materials (e.g., social cards, PPT decks, etc.)
- Developing social media kits for partners and delegates to ensure messaging and brand guidelines are adhered to
- Creating and disseminating mass emails through CBSR’s email campaign platform (Zoho Campaigns)
- Contributing to and supporting enhancement of existing contact databases and CRM system
- Option to participate and contribute to other programs that connect to the applicant’s personal and professional interests
- Supporting the coordination of member meetings related to CBSR programming development
- Post-event follow-up, including feedback surveys, circulation of registration lists, final project reports
- Coordination of digital program updates on website, social media, event technology platform, app, etc.
Experience and Attributes:
- Strong writing and communication skills (English) with the ability to adapt tone to resonate with various audiences
- Creativity and an eye for design
- Basic knowledge of sustainability and environment-related concepts
- Experience with various social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Experience with various software programs (Microsoft 365 applications, Zoho, Zoom) and adaptability to new software
- Ability to plan and organize day-to-day workload and set priorities
- Strong organizational and systems-development skills
As this position is being offer through the Canada Summer Job Grant (CSJG), the candidate must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Delphi and CBSR invite all job candidates to complete a pre-screening assessment, which mitigates any unconscious identity bias during our initial screening process. During this assessment, you should avoid including any identifying information, such as references to gender, geographic location, nationality, and/or age.
If you pass the initial pre-screening assessment, your cover letter/resume will be reviewed by the hiring committee. The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview process with hiring committee members. If you have any questions about this process, kindly direct your enquiries to email@example.com.