Permanent Full-Time Remote (anywhere in Canada, but ideally Toronto or Ottawa)
If you’re serious about making a difference and want to work in a dynamic, supportive environment with diverse growth opportunities, consider a career with us. Our unique group of organizations (GLOBE Series, The Delphi Group (Delphi), The EXCEL Partnership, Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR) and Leading Change Canada) is working together to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. We’re a values-driven group of consultants, conveners, and advisors who help leading professionals, teams, and organizations compete and succeed, while advancing sustainability, social justice and a net-zero economy. With multiple offices across Canada, we collaborate with a vast network of thought leaders and partners to inspire innovation and accelerate action.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
The Marketing and Communications Director will report to the Vice President, Marketing and Communications and be responsible for:
• Raising the profile of and level of engagement in our thought leadership, product and service offerings, and impact among target Delphi and CBSR audiences.
• Driving innovation and creativity in our marketing and communications practices, ensuring they are best-in-class and reflect the evolving nature of digital and traditional media.
• Championing our brands and helping us tell a compelling story about our unique organization and how we work with our clients, members and partners to build a more sustainable, prosperous and socially just future.
• Oversee a talented group of marketing and communications professionals and help them build best-in-class communications and content that result in high levels of engagement.
• Develop and oversee the execution of short- and long-term marketing and communications plans to grow (1) Delphi’s reputation as a thought leader and Canadian centre of excellence for sustainability and climate change, and (2) CBSR’s reputation as the premier membership community of climate and sustainability leaders in Canada.
• Manage and ensure strong performance across all marketing channels, including content marketing, email marketing, digital marketing, social media marketing, PR and lead generation.
• Develop the annual marketing budget, coordinating with other corporate areas to align long range goals and strategies.
• Partner with the team and clients/members as relevant to craft and deliver compelling content (blogs, briefs, explainers, case studies and success stories, infographics, videos, etc.) for a variety of media.
• Act as a trusted advisor to the leadership team on media relations, including identifying reactive and proactive opportunities, making pitches, identifying spokespeople, drafting speaking points and media materials.
• Support existing nurturing activities such as newsletters, member communications and other activities as needed.
• Ensure there is alignment with the sales function, including providing advice and support on sales materials and collaborating on lead generation activities.
• Build and execute proactive and reactive external communications plans to profile company leaders and culture.
• Monitor competition and provide ideas to stand out and differentiate our brands in the marketplace.
• Report on performance against KPIs to key stakeholders and implements adjustments to optimize performance.
• Collaborate with the Senior Marketing Manager of GLOBE and Leading Change Canada to ensure effective communication about and coordination of marketing initiatives across the group.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Our ideal candidate is collaborative, solutions-focused and has subject matter expertise in sustainability and/or climate change. The incumbent will leverage excellent interpersonal skills with excellent writing ability and attention to detail. • Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in marketing, communications, public relations; or a degree in an environment- or sustainability related field if complemented with the requisite marketing experience.
• 7-10 years of marketing experience, with a focus on energy and the environment, circular economy, cleantech, sustainability and/or climate change.
• Collaborative leader with the ability to identify areas of improvement, suggest creative new approaches and work with a team to implement.
• Strategic thinker who can clearly communicate complex issues in a simplified manner to a variety of audiences.
• Strong initiative, planning and execution skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality work.
• Exceptional writing and editing capabilities, flair for creating compelling marketing copy.
• Effective project and time management; the ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet strict and competing deadlines, for multiple projects.