Summer position in Montreal, Quebec
Leading Change is part of a constellation of organizations including The Delphi Group, GLOBE Series, and EXCEL Partnership. Each of these organizations has its own mission, services and platforms, but we work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation. Leading Change believes leadership in the private, public, and plural sectors should reflect the people they serve. Our programs aim to play a role in helping to recognize the wealth of knowledge and opportunity that diversity brings to the environmental movement by connecting young leaders from typically underrepresented backgrounds to supportive peers and established leaders.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
The Education Program Coordinator will be supporting Leading Change’s Executive Director with the development and execution of Leading Change’s new virtual programs. A key project to support these and other events will be a guide and workshop materials to train young people who wish to support peers and participants experiencing unfair, unjust, or uncomfortable treatment in response to their identity. This is a full-time, summer position based in Montreal, Canada.
- Supporting scheduling, coordination, and outreach associated with Leading Change’s new virtual programs
- Conducting research on best practices for equity, diversity, and inclusion in the context of conferences, workshops, and virtual events
- Identifying, compiling, and reaching out to contacts within and outside Leading Change’s network who hold visible minority, Indigenous, disability, LGBTQI2S+, and refugee identities
- Coordinating and conducting interviews and visioning exercises with participants over phone and videoconference
- Compiling and collating responses, stories, and quotes that can be used in the guide and workshop materials
- Leading the development of an accessible guide or set of best practices for inclusive online gatherings
- Supporting the development of a 90-minute training workshop for young leaders who wish to support typically underrepresented groups in conference and / or virtual event settings
- Creating a database of individuals and groups consulted and supporting enhancement to existing databases and CRM system
- Option to participate and contribute to other programs that connect to the applicant’s personal and professional interests
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong writing and communication skills (English)
- Experience with various software programs (e-mail, word processing, databases, MS Excel) and adaptability to new software
- Ability to plan and organize day-to-day workload and set priorities
- Knowledge or lived experience of diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts an asset
- Experience with facilitating, moderating, or presenting to groups an asset
- Experience or interest in sustainability and environmental work an asset
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Applicants must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Start date: July 6, 2020
Salary: $20.00 hourly for 35 hours per week over 8 weeks
Location: Based in Montreal with option to work remotely as we monitor the evolving COVID-19 crisis
Leading Change values and encourages the contributions of individuals who identify as members of communities traditionally underrepresented in positions of leadership or power (black, Indigenous, persons with disability, visible minorities, LGBTQI2+). We recognize that structural barriers shape experiences and opportunities and take this into consideration with screening and selection decisions.
How to apply
Please submit your application through our job portal.