Term of position: Contract (4 months) full-time
Location: Remote (ideally in Canada in Pacific time zone)
GLOBE Series (GLOBESeries.com) is seeking a Digital Design Intern for a four–month term commencing upon selection of the right candidate.
To support our ongoing delivery of virtual events focused on leading-edge themes at the intersection of sustainability, clean economy and social purpose, GLOBE Series requires a Digital Design Intern to generate graphics for our digital marketing campaigns, including materials for our website, social media, email marketing and digital ads. Reporting to the Marketing Manager and Graphic Designer, this person will help us achieve our digital marketing goals through adherence to brand guidelines, attention to detail and creativity. The successful candidate will be a good communicator and team player, well organized and have strong design and digital skills.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
GLOBE Series is part of a constellation of organizations that also includes The Delphi Group, the EXCEL Partnership, Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR) and Leading Change. Each of these organizations has its own mission, services and platforms, but we work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation.
GLOBE Series convenes events like GLOBE Capital and GLOBE Forum, among others; The Delphi Group provides sustainability consulting services; the EXCEL Partnership and CBSR bring together Canadian corporate leaders on key sustainability issues; and Leading Change accelerates young professional leadership in sustainability.
- Following brand guidelines, generate design assets for use in digital marketing campaigns including but not limited to: digital ads, social media graphics, website graphics, e-newsletter templates and reports.
- Provide design input on digital marketing campaigns, e.g. website builds, e-newsletters, digital ads and social media.
- Assist as needed with database management, website updates (through WordPress), digital ad campaign maintenance, social media content production and community management.
- Act as a collaborative member of the marketing team
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in visual arts, art history, graphic design or marketing
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and be self-driven.
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Database management experience
- Employment experience as a graphic designer
- Sales/marketing creative writing skills
- Experience working with marketing platforms and CRMs (Zoho CRM)
This position is funded through the Digital Skills for Youth program. Applicants must be under 30 years of age, be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada. At the time of hiring, the applicant must be unemployed, under employed or a student/recent graduate.
Applicants must apply through the Career Portal at https://delphi.zohorecruit.com. Deadline for applications is October 26, 2020.