Six-month Internship Full-time in Ottawa, Ontario
GLOBE Series is seeking a Coordinator, Innovation and Clean Technology delegates who will be responsible for researching, reaching out to and coordinating participation of clean/green technology companies and incoming Canadian Trade Commissioners for the upcoming GLOBE Forum conference taking place in Vancouver, British Columbia from February 10-13, 2020. This is a six-month, full-time internship reporting to the Director of Innovation and based in Ottawa, Canada.
GLOBE Series is part of a constellation of organizations that also includes The Delphi Group, EXCEL Partnership and Leading Change. Each of these organizations has its own mission, services and platforms, but we work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation.
GLOBE Series convenes sustainability focused events like GLOBE Capital and GLOBE Forum, among others; The Delphi Group provides sustainability consulting services; the EXCEL Partnership brings together Canadian corporate leaders on key sustainability issues; and Leading Change accelerates young professional leadership in sustainability.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
The Coordinator, Innovation and Clean Technology will assist with increasing and coordinating the number and presence of clean technology providers attending GLOBE Forum in order to showcase their existing/new technologies to GLOBE Forum 2020 attendees.
- Conduct research on clean technology companies, getting details on their technology, implementation status, and environmental impact.
- Conduct research on clean technology investors, general information about their portfolios and investment interests and activities.
- Research supporting the broader event.
Outreach & coordination
- Outreach to past GLOBE Forum attendees about the upcoming event.
- Coordination of the planning of the theatre located on the innovation showcase floor.
- Assistance with matchmaking administrative tasks for the GLOBE Exchange event.
- Assistance with coordinating prior and during the event trade commissioner’s participation at GLOBE Forum 2020.
- Administrative assistance with broader tasks related to the event in general – especially in the lead up to the event where GLOBE Series takes an “all hands-on deck” team approach to execution and assisting co-workers.
- A university degree in sustainability, business, economics, environmental studies (or equivalents).
- Excellent communicator. Comfortable calling and engaging high level stakeholders.
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams and highly dynamic work environments.
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- French language or other language skills
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please visit the GLOBE Series’ candidate portal here: https://delphi.zohorecruit.com/candidateportal. If you have not previously registered as a candidate, please click on the Create an account link and follow the instructions. Within the portal, you will be able to upload your resume and cover letter and apply for any available positions. Should you have any difficulty using the portal, please email email@example.com.