We’re Building a Team and Need a Rock Star Sales Executive
GLOBE Series is a dynamic, entrepreneurial company based in Vancouver serving an international community of business professionals with industry conferences focused on sustainability and environmental business opportunities. Our series of events was established in 1990, and have evolved into the preeminent forums for sustainability‐related professionals. Each of the iconic GLOBE Forum and GLOBE Capital conferences attracts thousands of thought‐leaders from more than 50 countries every two years to Vancouver and Toronto, respectively. As we embark on a new phase of events, we are seeking exemplary talent to help us grow and maintain our lead as the world’s most important environmental business event.
We provide the platforms that lead to solutions for a low‐carbon economy.
Our events bring together an exciting mix of the brightest minds and innovative thought leaders in sustainability and business – serving as a catalyst for aligning environmental responsibility
with profitable business practices. Our secret weapon? Our deep networks and exceptional convening power, which enable us to attract thought leaders, clean‐tech innovators, influential NGOs, financiers, and senior policy-makers from around the world.
Representatives from dozens of countries gather for our events, where they receive unparalleled networking opportunities, participate in solving critical industry challenges, and hear the latest developments around climate change, global mega trends, clean technology, smart cities, business leadership, new financing mechanisms, and more.
Position: Business Development Executive | Expo Sales
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada (remote okay)
Project: GLOBE Forum 2018 Innovation Expo
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Compensation: Competitive commission package
Start date: Immediate
We are seeking a Business Development Executive who will be responsible for exhibit space sales for GLOBE Forum 2018’s Innovation Expo: Showcasing Clean Technologies. This role will focus on booking space with existing clientele and new exhibitors. Applicants must demonstrate a track record of success and have a passion for sales.
- Identify, qualify, and follow up on leads in a defined sales territory
- Identify and effectively communicate solutions that meet prospects’ needs
- Become a brand champion and demonstrate an ability to articulate around the subject matter
- Heavy telephone and email communications with some in-person connections at industry events
- Achieve or exceed revenue targets as set by the VP of Operations
Background Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in professional English
- Well organized with a strong attention to detail
- Personable with a flair for customer service
- Proactive in behaviour and attitude
- Self‐directed with a solid ability to identify and manage multiple priorities
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of current sales principles and practices, specifically with experience in inside sales
- Superior understanding of both internal and external sales funnels, with excellent follow-through
- Proven track record of reaching sales targets and revenue goals
- Familiarity with CRM systems, preferably Highrise
- Understanding of B2B media and/or trade show sales
- Working knowledge of the Canadian clean technology sector (this would give you a distinct advantage)
Send your cover letter and resume, detailing your experience and sales target results to: Trish Maisonville, Vice President of Operations, GLOBE Series, email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.