GLOBE Series is a dynamic, entrepreneurial B2B company serving an international community. We provide our clientele with industry conferences, events, and business opportunities focused on sustainability, climate change and clean technology. Established in 1990, our flagship event, GLOBE Forum, is the largest and longest-running environmental business conference in the world, attracting thousands of delegates from over 50 countries.
Reporting to the COO, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with all administrative tasks for the GLOBE Series. Full-time in downtown Vancouver, this position requires a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who can multi-task. We are looking for someone who is motivated, self-disciplined, eager to stay organized while keeping up with a fast-paced environment, and also comfortable providing excellent customer service. The Administrative Assistant role is a good fit for someone who describes themselves as admin-minded, and who has excellent verbal, organizational, and written communication skills.
- Proven experience and success in an administrative capacity
- Tech savvy and proficient in MS Office (fluent in EXCEL and mail merges)
- Strong customer service skills; both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Superior time-management and organizational skills
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field is an asset
- Great attitude, willing to roll up your sleeves and jump in to help anyone when needed
- A knowledge or interest in the business and environmental sustainability field is an asset, as is a love for event management
- A sense of humour!
- Assisting with all administrative tasks for GLOBE Series and the company’s many events
- Assisting with some office bookkeeping
- Assisting with IT support
- Booking travel and coordinating meetings for staff
- Making sure the office is orderly and always stocked with supplies
- Answering phone calls and email inquiries that come into our general lines
- Assisting with data entry and managing the CRM database
- On-boarding new staff
- Assisting team mates with various administrative tasks
- Maintaining the company’s operations manual
- Various research tasks, social event coordination, and generating reports
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Transcribing, copying, scanning, booking conference calls, taxis, couriers, etc.
You and the Company
GLOBE Series’ Administrative Assistant will have defined roles and responsibilities, but will also work closely with team members in other departments for successful delivery of project elements. The event industry is cyclical in nature, therefore deadlines are hard, and hours are guaranteed to be longer in the lead up to events. Flexibility to accommodate this is essential; the flip side – it’s an exciting time, and you meet great people! We expect our staff to help build the best culture possible to encourage happiness, productivity, and fun, and provide an exceptional experience for our customers.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.