Permanent Full-time in Ottawa, Ontario
GLOBE Series and The Delphi Group are seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide support to multiple Directors with a variety of responsibilities, so s/he must have effective communication, be able to multi-task and have strong problem-solving capabilities. This role will also help to champion our corporate culture and organize team events. This is a full-time, permanent job based in Ottawa, Canada.
GLOBE Series and The Delphi Group are part of a constellation of organizations that also includes the EXCEL Partnership and Leading Change. Each of these organizations has its own mission, services and platforms, but we work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation.
GLOBE Series convenes events like GLOBE Capital and GLOBE Forum, among others; The Delphi Group provides sustainability consulting services; the EXCEL Partnership brings together Canadian corporate leaders on key sustainability issues; and Leading Change accelerates young professional leadership in sustainability.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
Provide administrative support to multiple Directors and Senior Management across the country, including travel arrangements, schedule management and day-to-day support. This role also has a unique function of organizing team and client events as well as maintaining the integrity/completeness of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- General Day-to-Day Items
- Welcoming all visitors
- Answering and screening incoming calls/directing inquires to the correct team member
- Preparing couriers (local and international)
- Sorting and preparing both incoming and outgoing mail
- Overall responsibility for front office organization and tidiness including the smooth running of all machines (i.e. full paper trays, toner, supplies, etc.)
- Assistance with the formatting of reports / proposals
- Data entry of past project information for marketing purposes
- Ordering office supplies/equipment
- Filing of documentation and contracts
- Updating office policies and procedures.
- Making travel arrangements for various employees within Delphi
- Booking meetings with clients
- Creating visually appealing documents and presentations in line with company brand standards
- Event Management
- Assistance with organizing intra-company meetings and social functions (e.g., annual Christmas party, company retreats)
- Assistance with GLOBE Series events, including event registration
- Minimum 1-year experience as an administrative/office assistant
- High-school degree
- Possess solid MS Office skills – especially MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Action/detail oriented and able to maintain composure under pressure
- Strong data entry and administration skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (English/French) would be a valuable asset