Permanent Full-time in Ottawa, Ontario
GLOBE Series and The Delphi Group are seeking an Accounting Clerk to provide support to four companies across the Constellation. The successful candidate will be receiving information from across the country, so s/he must have effective communication, will need to be extremely well organized, be able to work as part of the finance team and have strong problem-solving capabilities. This is a full-time, permanent job based in Ottawa, Canada.
GLOBE Series and The Delphi Group are part of a constellation of organizations that also includes the EXCEL Partnership and Leading Change. Each of these organizations has its own mission, services and platforms, but we work together toward a common purpose: to achieve a sustainable, prosperous and socially just future in a generation.
GLOBE Series convenes events like GLOBE Capital and GLOBE Forum, among others; The Delphi Group provides sustainability consulting services; the EXCEL Partnership brings together Canadian corporate leaders on key sustainability issues; and Leading Change accelerates young professional leadership in sustainability.
We value and are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and programs. This commitment includes developing and implementing strategies to ensure the inclusion of persons from visible and non-visible minorities and persons with disabilities. We foster an inclusive workplace culture in which every individual feels welcome, respected, valued and supported at all stages of the employment life cycle.
- Obtain approval for all invoices received and post into the SAGE accounting system;
- Responsible for the monthly Accounts Payable (A/P) reconciliation processes, including proper filing of A/P invoices;
- Perform monthly vendor payment processing for the group
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts and update cash forecast file as needed
- Responsible for reviewing and allocating project transactions as needed;
- Assist with employee expense reports as needed;
- Assist with payroll processing as needed
- Assist with Accounts Receivable invoicing and payment processing;
- Reconcile and enter corporate credit card transactions;
- Provide backup for invoicing;
- Supporting the Director, Finance, and Operations and broader administrative team with other operational activities as required;
- Other duties as required by our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Successful completion of secondary school education or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience in the delivery of general administrative services including financial management and procurement
- Experience in Simply Accounting/Sage 50;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office 365, including EXCEL
- Experience with various software programs including e-mail and word processing and adaptability to new software.
- Knowledge of financial and contracting practices.
- Ability to plan and organize day-to-day workload and set priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills
How to apply
Please submit your application via delphi.zohorecruit.com