GLOBE Forum and the CFF team up with Mission Innovation on new financing event
November 22, 2017 | GLOBE Forum
The Canadian Financing Forum (CFF) is Western Canada’s premier emerging technology company showcase and networking event, designed to provide high growth potential technology companies with a platform for showcasing their businesses to investors and corporate strategics. GLOBE Forum is North America’s largest Leadership Summit for Sustainable Business, attracting thousands of senior corporate and government decision makers.
This year, the CFF and GLOBE are teaming up with Mission Innovation (MI) – a global partnership of 22 countries and the European Union working together to accelerate global clean energy innovation – to host the first MI Clean Energy Financing Event. The event will provide promising clean energy start-up companies from MI countries direct engagement with global investors through a combination of events such as company pitch sessions, match-making and “speed dating sessions,” panel sessions, and technology exhibitions.
Day 1 – March 13, 2018 | Canadian Financing Forum and Mission Innovation Clean Energy Financing Event – Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver
Pitch to global investors, and experience Western Canada’s premier technology company showcase and networking event.
- Up to 18 promising companies from MI countries will have a dedicated clean energy track for investor pitches
- Structured networking with key influencers and decision makers
- World class keynote speaker sessions
- Core participants include technology entrepreneurs, VC firms, other private equity and venture debt firms, corporate strategics, university technology transfer offices, technology accelerators, and commercialization professionals
Day 2 – March 14, 2018 | GLOBE Forum and MI Clean Energy Financing Event 2018 – Vancouver Convention Centre (East)
Attend Day 1 of the GLOBE Forum, which brings together the brightest minds and innovative thought leaders in sustainability and business.
- One-on-one engagement between entrepreneurs and investors, and buyers (match-making and “speed dating”)
- Entrepreneur showcases with investors and buyers
- Special panel featuring investors and federal senior officials on clean-energy investment opportunities,
longer-term energy investment strategies, and private/public alignment initiatives
Registration and Application Process
Company applications for the investor pitch sessions on March 13 should be submitted online by December 22, 2017
- $1,095.00 CDN (Presenter)
- $595.00 CDN (Each Additional Delegate)
See the detailed cost breakdown.
Once a company has received their formal offer letter, online registration and payment must be completed within one week in order to confirm acceptance.
Mission Innovation companies are eligible for a special discount of 40% off the cost of a GLOBE Forum delegate pass (valid for one day or full Conference pass). Other Canadian Financing Forum attendees are eligible for a 30% discount.
Marc Elrick BA (Hons), MBA
Banff Venture Forum
Direct: +1 (403) 819 0383
Erynn Shannon BMgt, MBA
Associate Executive Director
Banff Venture Forum
Canadian Financing Forum
Office: +1 (587) 350-3308
Mobile: +1 (403) 998 8678
Core Value Proposition
- Opportunity to showcase your company to venture capital investors, corporate strategics and other major industry inﬂuencers.
- Platform for moving onto the radar screens of Fortune 500 firms, which constitute the most vibrant M&A market for high growth technology
- Direct personal contact with inﬂuencers and decision
Presenting Company Selection Criteria
Core evaluation criteria for presenting companies:
- Minimum of $250K in Angel/seed investment
- Looking for an A round or socializing a B round
- Can be a current portfolio company that is meeting their milestones
- Promising technology and business model
- Watched with interest by the venture community
- Ideally have $1M – $5M in revenue
Please note: These are simply guidelines and all submitted company applications are up for subjective override by the Selection Team, at their discretion.
Selection Team & Investor Participation
Presenting companies are competitively selected by a peer group of professional investors, including:
AVAC Ltd. | BDC Capital | BEST Funds | Discovery Capital | Garibaldi Capital | GrowthWorks Capital Pangaea Ventures | SDTC | TELUS Ventures | TIMIA Capital | Vanedge Capital | Vistara Capital Partners WUTIF Capital Inc. | Yaletown Partners
In addition to the above listed ﬁrms, other ﬁrms participating in the Canadian Financing Forum, include, among others:
500 Startups | ARCH Venture Partners | Azure Capital Partners | BASF Venture Capital | Battery Ventures | Cascadia Capital | Chrysalix Venture Capital | Cisco Systems Canada | ConocoPhillips Technology Ventures |Crescendo Ventures | Dow Chemical Company | Draper Fisher Jurvetson Espresso Capital | Evok Innovations | iNovia Capital | JMI Equity | Madrona Venture Group | Microsoft Ventures | Panorama Capital | Plug and Play | Rho Canada Ventures | Rogers Venture Partners Siemens Venture Capital Technology Partners | VantagePoint Capital Partners | Voyager Capital
- Detailed program, timings and logistical details will be forwarded upon company selection
- Company profiles to be submitted to the CFF project team following approval from the Selection Committee
- Company presentations are to be a maximum of eight minutes
- PowerPoint slides must be submitted in advance
- Presenting Companies have the opportunity to set up an exhibitor booth at the Forum
GLOBE Forum 2018 and Innovation Expo
The 15th biennial GLOBE Forum and Innovation Expo will take place at the Vancouver Convention Centre (East) March 14–16, 2018. The prevailing theme for GLOBE Forum 2018 is ‘Disrupting Business as Usual,’ which will be woven across the five program tracks: business and competitiveness, cities and infrastructure, energy and technology, materials and resources, and trade and investment.
Taking place alongside GLOBE Forum 2018, the Innovation Expo offers a dynamic platform for companies to showcase their low-carbon and clean technologies and services to public–and private–sector buyers from more than 50 countries.
Why Entrepreneurs should attend the Innovation Expo
Whether you have a cleantech product that’s market-ready or you’re looking to understand the next steps in developing your technology, the Innovation Expo will connect you with the right people and the right information.
- Showcase your solutions and engage with buyers from around the world
- Explore investment and joint funding opportunities with a diverse range of organizations, including angel and venture capitalists, economic development agencies, funding organizations such as SDTC, MaRS, IRAP, ERA, and many others
- Access B2B services that drive deals and visit our website for information on our B2B tools and services.
Why Investors should attend the Innovation Expo
- Meet the people behind the cleantech solutions
- Kick the tires on the Next Big Thing
- Meet other investors and explore new partnerships
- Gain market intelligence and learn more about evolving and mature clean tech markets, potential investment and joint funding opportunities as well as pending regulations, industry trends and best practices with respect to innovation and efficiency
GLOBE Forum 2016 by the Numbers
- 3,700 Organizations
- 2,000 Conference Delegates
- 200 Exhibitors
- 750 Presidents & CEOs
- 250 Conference Speakers
- 50+ Countries Represented
Participating Countries Include:
Belgium | Brazil | Canada | Chile | China | Colombia | Denmark | Finland | France | Germany | India | Indonesia | Iran | Italy | Japan | Korea | Malaysia | Mexico | Netherlands | Norway | Pakistan | Philippines | Poland | Russia | Singapore | Sweden | Switzerland | Taiwan | Thailand | UAE | United Kingdom | USA