MEDIA ROOM HOURS:
- Tuesday, March 1, 2016: 12:00pm to 6:00pm
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016: 6:30am to 8:00pm
- Thursday, March 3, 2016: 6:30am to 6:00pm
- Friday, March 4, 2016: 8:00 am to 2:00pm
MEDIA ROOM POLICY
The goal of media accreditation is for journalists to write stories that raise the profile of GLOBE Series, the GLOBE 2016 conference as well as key speakers and sponsors.
GLOBE 2016 MEDIA ACCREDITATION
GLOBE Series invites journalists currently working with recognized print, digital and broadcast newswires, business, news, industry and trade outlets and publications to register for media accreditation for GLOBE 2016 to report on and publish stories about the event. Recognized media will include editorial staff (reporters, editors) and technical support (camera crews).
Technical staff not part of a broadcast crew, non-editorial staff working for a media organization management, marketing and advertising executives, researchers, authors and editors of directories will not be accredited.
All media wishing to gain access to the conference sessions must be approved by GLOBE staff or designated representatives in advance of the convention. Site access will not be provided without prior notice and acceptance.
All media applying for media accreditation will be required to submit proof of employment and/or assignment by a newswire, print, digital or broadcast outlet or publication. Proof recognized by GLOBE Series includes:
- Byline in print or online with a recognized media source
- Letter of assignment from an editor or bureau chief of a recognized media source
- Photo identification as working with a recognized media source (press/media card)
- Proof of current work for a website in existence and defined as “covering related news”
Freelance journalists will be accredited if they can provide a letter of assignment from a media organization.
POLICY AND PROCEDURES
- All members of the media and technical support personnel MUST be pre-accredited to gain access to events at GLOBE 2016.
- Media badges will be ready for pick up (with proper ID) at the media centre.
- Media are strongly advised to register in advance of the conference to avoid delays. Media who arrive onsite without advance accreditation may not be granted access the same day.
- GLOBE Series may conduct additional research to confirm media legitimacy and reserves the right to decline media who do not meet criteria.
- All attendees designated as “Media” will have access to all public spaces designated by the colour of badge displayed.
DO’S AND DON'T's:
- The GLOBE 2016 media room is open to all media with proper badges.
- Media who arrive on-site without prior accreditation will be registered on-site upon verification of credentials
- Media room will ONLY be accessible to PR Associates personnel, GLOBE personnel and accredited media
- Media who are not accredited or who do not have prior interview requests will NOT be allowed in the ‘four interview rooms’
- Communications consultants or sponsors or exhibitors will NOT be allowed in the media room
- All interview requests should be submitted by March 1, 2016 through PR Associates or GLOBE
- On-site interview requests will have to be checked through PR Associates/GLOBE before confirmation
- In case of interviews with Sponsors/Exhibitors, they need to be pre-arranged and PR Associates or GLOBE should be informed in advance about the attendees.
- Accredited media will be encouraged to file their stories from the media room to ensure their attendance throughout the day’s programs
RECORDING CONFERENCE EVENTS
- Any participant (Media, Delegate, Supplier, Government Representative) wishing to film/record audio or video) of the event must advise and obtain permission from conference staff beforehand.
- Anyone who has not advised and obtained permission from conference staff prior to filming /recording will be asked to stop and may be asked to leave the event.
- Main convention sessions will have designated “Media” areas, where all filming /recording of event proceedings must be done.
- Requests to film/record a particular session must be provided at least one day in advance to ensure space is available is the designated filming area.
Questions about media accreditation can be directed to:
T: (604) 681-1407
HOW TO APPLY FOR MEDIA ACCREDITATION