The Partnership & Innovation Expo Liaison will be responsible for executing the GLOBE Innovation Expo Strategic Plan for GLOBE 2018.
This role will involve overseeing the development and implementation of all aspects of the GLOBE Innovation program, including but not limited to the presentation theatre(s), business to business (B2B) activities and tools, trade missions, pitch sessions, site tours etc.
The successful candidate will be required to coordinate with the GLOBE Series conference and expo management team, The Delphi Group staff, government and private sector stakeholders, as well as B2B sponsors, supporters, partners, suppliers, exhibitors, buyers and conference delegates.
The successful candidate should have a solid understanding of business transactions within the cleantech industry (buyer & supplier), exceptional interpersonal and project management/coordination skills, along with being comfortable with multi-tasking and working in a high-paced environment.
The Partnership & Innovation Expo Liaison will report to both the SVP Innovation and the Conference Program Director and is expected to help out in other areas as requested, participate in the company’s corporate social responsibility activities and undertake other tasks as required given the dynamic small business environment.
Position: Partnership & Innovation Expo Liaison
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Term of Position: Contract (July 2017 – end March 2018)
Reporting to: SVP Innovation and Conference Program Director
Start Date: July 24, 2017
- Execute on the Strategic Plan and be able to revise action items and adjust targets as necessary to be successful.
- Coordinate with the internal GLOBE team (VP Operations, Program Director, COO, etc) in line with Strategic objectives and targets.
- Reach out to key customers and partners (public and private sector) to document and understand their business objectives and interests around GLOBE, and take responsibility for initiating value-add and increasing the transactional focus of the event.
- Work with a variety of cleantech innovation groups (eg. MaRS, SDTC, Foresight, Alberta Innovates, CleanTech Alliance, GreenTech Exchange, etc.) to ensure engagement, integration, and support (marketing, financial, etc.).
- Develop an understanding of key pain points/challenges and technology and service needs of stakeholders and promote these to the ‘solution provider’ community and ecosystem partners (financiers/ investors, industry associations, etc.)
- Deliver exceptional customer service and go above and beyond to ensure our clients achieve their objectives at the event (eg. orchestrating active match-making for buyers/sellers, facilitating opportunities for exhibitors to deliver pitch presentations, etc.)
- Communicate with Expo partners and customers well ahead of the event to build awareness and start/continue the dialogue pre and post event.
- Liaise with government and country pavilion leads to enhance and thread their Expo participation into other elements of the event for value-add (i.e. working with senior management team to evaluate big picture strategy to tie in potential sponsorship, conference participation via delegations, bi-lateral meetings for accompanying Ministers, etc.)
- Work with key Trade Commissioners to support their efforts to recruit country delegations, and input market intelligence into Conference program development.
- Look for synergies for ongoing partnership and business development opportunities for GLOBE Series and Delphi Group beyond GLOBE 2018.
- Design program elements of the Expo, alongside the Conference Program Director, to add value to the Expo’s transactional nature (e.g. Theatre programming, B2B, pitch sessions, site visits / tours, etc).
- Support the development and implementation of a performance monitoring and measurement system for the GLOBE Innovation Expo.
- Work with VP Operations and on-site logistics staff to ensure the expo activities all run smoothly (e.g., Challenge-Pitch) before, during and potentially after the event.
- Liaise regularly with the COO, Program Director, Registration, and Sales Team, and Delphi Staff as required.
- Contribute to Marketing Material such as video production, blogging and social media as required.
- Support the development of proposals to sponsors or partners.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic mindset – able to see the big picture while also detail oriented.
- Proven understanding of business to business transaction between buyers and suppliers of innovative or startup technologies
- A solid ‘people person’ with cleantech sector experience; an aptitude for technology; event/trade fair experience; a willingness to play match-maker and undertake administrative tasks to catalyze business development makes the perfect candidate.
- Organized and time sensitive, able to drive toward deadlines with minimal supervision
- Good partnership builder/ negotiator
- Good team player and builder
- Potentially able to speak multiple languages in addition to English (such as some of the following: French, Spanish, German, Mandarin)
- Good domestic and/or international networks in order to hit the ground running
- Event experience (trade fair/exposition) on an international scale
- Sales, marketing or PR experience would be of value
Send your cover letter and resume to Nancy Greene, Director, Operations & Finance, GLOBE Series, email@example.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.