Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the planning-of and executing-on a comprehensive company-wide marketing and communications plan. Full-time in downtown Vancouver, this position requires a savvy, skilled professional with experience in a wide variety of traditional and digital channels. We are looking for someone who is motivated, self-disciplined, eager to play in today’s digital-heavy marketing world, and comfortable with traditional marketing channels as well. The Marketing Coordinator role is a good fit for someone who describes themselves as creative and detail-oriented, and who has excellent verbal, organizational, and written communication skills.
GLOBE Series is a dynamic, entrepreneurial B2B company serving an international community. We provide our clientele with industry conferences, events, and business opportunities focused on sustainability, climate change and clean technology. Established in 1990, our flagship event, GLOBE Forum, is the largest and longest-running environmental business conference in the world, attracting thousands of delegates from over 50 countries. Our newest event, GLOBE Capital, brings together the upper echelon of decision-makers in Canadian government, finance and infrastructure who are involved in the economic transition to a low-carbon future. We are actively seeking exemplary talent to help us maintain our lead as the world’s most important provider of business-to-business environmental impact events.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in marketing, communications, or business
- Certificate from a recent online or in-person Digital Marketing Program
- Certificate in at least one of the following:
- Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Social Media Marketing
- Minimum of 2 years of recent employment experience, demonstrating deliverables in:
- B2B marketing, social media marketing, Google Analytics, Tag Manager & SEO
- Intermediate understanding of:
- Email marketing, lead generation, and WordPress websites
The Nice to Haves
- Experience executing on projects using:
- Basic knowledge of PHP/HTML/CSS
- SEM and remarketing
- Mobile App building and push notifications
- Video and podcast creation and marketing
- Public relations/media communications/influencer marketing
- Comprehensive analytic platforms
- Landing page creation and lead generation
- Design software, such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator or similar
- Experience in event planning or marketing large scale-events
- Education or prior employment in sustainability, cleantech, or climate change
The Key Responsibilities
- Assisting with the development and execution of the company-wide MarComms plan, including event-based marketing, value-offerings, and over-all lead generation
- Drafting pre-project plans, communicating project status reports, and generating post-project reports to the Marketing Director and the GLOBE Team
- Implementing social listening and engagement; creating, scheduling and managing social media content
- Coordinating blog and podcast schedules and publication workflows
- Editing and uploading content on various WordPress websites
- Managing the SEO on GLOBE websites
- Working with the Marketing Director on Google Analytics and Adwords projects
- Drafting marketing creatives for use in social media and email marketing
- Liaising with third-party digital, graphic, photography, public relations, video, and web providers
- Assisting with live event engagement via Facebook Live, Twitter Streaming, Live Tweets, and other social media channels
- Post-event processing and sorting of video and photography collateral
- Proofreading marketing department copy
- Assisting the Marketing Director with new initiatives
How do you feel about rolling up your sleeves and throwing in where necessary? GLOBE Series’ Marketing Coordinator will have defined roles and responsibilities, but will also work closely with team members in other departments for successful delivery of project elements. The event industry is cyclical in nature, therefore deadlines are hard and hours are guaranteed to be longer in the lead up to events. Flexibility to accommodate this is essential; the flip side – it’s an exciting time, and it’s short-lived.
Our working environment is warm, inclusive, inspiring, and maximizes employee engagement. We take our work seriously and work hard, but we know how to laugh and we do it often. We value your talent, and are committed to helping all team members thrive professionally and personally. Our cohesive workplace is fostered by ensuring as much face-to-face time as possible, but we do consider flex-time and work-from-home options, when appropriate. Because we’re a relatively small outfit, everyone’s opinion counts. We expect our staff to help build the best culture possible to encourage happiness, productivity, and fun.
To apply for the Marketing Coordinator role with GLOBE Series, send a cover letter, your resume, copies of any relevant certificates (i.e. Google/social media/digital marketing) and portfolio samples (if you have them) to Kare Jacoba, Marketing Director via email to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Job is posting is open until the position is filled. Expected start date: July 1, 2017.